7.13.2012

Thankful for Tuesdays - Friday Edition

Although I had the entire week off last week, I somehow didn't find an ounce of time to blog. Week before last, I'm not sure what my excuse was, but I didn't post then either. Forgive me.

This week, I am thankful for my job.
In October, I started a nanny job with a family of four. I was basically their go-to for everything - taking care of the kids, buying groceries, cooking dinner - anything they needed me to do, I did.
Then I found out that we had a little nugget on the way.
When I took the job, they told me that if I had any children, they didn't want me to bring them with me to work. So once we found out about our little nugget on the way, I knew I'd have to find a new job. There's no way I'm putting my child in childcare when that's what I do all day.
So the hunt began for a new job. I knew I wanted to be a nanny again, because I LOVE it! But I also knew I'd have to find someone who would allow me to bring my sweet babe.

In February, I sent an email of interest to a family and got a call back for an interview. They knew I was pregnant and were totally happy for me to bring the baby. When I met for the interview, however, I found out they already had a nanny. She informed me that, while they already had a nanny, they hadn't been totally happy with her - excessive absences. They were going to give her one more chance and if they continued to feel unhappy with her, then they would give me a call.
A week later, they gave me a call.

I had already committed to giving my current family 4 weeks notice, so now I just had to pray that this new family would be flexible and wait on me for 4 weeks. With God's grace, they waited.

I started working with the new family in the middle of March and I have fallen more and more in love with this sweet family every day! I can't wait for them to meet my Elijah. I already know that my precious AB (the newly 1-year-old that I watch) is going to love her new baby "brother" so much.
As a matter of fact, I showed her one of E's 3D ultrasound pictures and she burst into the sweetest smile and started waving saying "Hi" (which is one of her 3 favorite words).
AB's parents love her more than anything else in this world and it is so obvious. I love watching them play with and love on her. They have been such great examples to me of a parent's love for their child and have made me so much more excited for Rob and me to be parents!

Not only is the family I work with amazing, but the schedule I work is also amazing. Beth, the mom, is a family practitioner and her schedule is the best. She works every Wednesday and Thursday and every other Monday. Which means that I work every Wed-Thurs and every other Monday - which means that I never work on Tuesday or Friday and I get two 5 day weekends a month. YES PLEASE!

I love this family so much. I've never once felt like "the help"; I have felt like family from the very beginning. I love that I can be a part of their family and still have time to take care of my own family.

So, this week, I am thankful for my job - that doesn't actually feel like a "job" at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment