7.18.2012

Getting Ready for Baby

As we enter this 31st week of pregnancy, Rob and I have gone into overdrive getting things ready for this baby. Over the last 3 weeks, we have acquired a glider, a changing table and changing pad, a bed, and a crib mattress; we have assembled a swing, diaper genie, and travel system. We have had a maternity session with my best friend (can't wait to see the final products) and we have been to our first of three baby-prep classes.


Over the next 6 weeks, we will be decorating the nursery, washing and organizing his clothes, going to our last two baby-prep class (baby care basics and lamaze), finding a baby memory book and his coming home outfit, and of course all the doctor's visits in there (which are now every other week).


With all the craziness of physically getting ready for the arrival of this sweet child, we must not forget about the spiritual readiness that must also occur. 


Last Sunday I was leading worship and we sang the song "Cornerstone" by Hillsong. As we were singing, the Spirit prompted me, as he does so many times during prayer and worship, to place my hand on my tummy and proclaim these words over my unborn son: 
-Verse 1-
My hope is built on nothing less
than Jesus' blood and righteousness
I dare not trust the sweetest frame
but wholly trust in Jesus' name

-Chorus-
Christ alone, Cornerstone
Weak made strong, in the Savior's love
Through the storm
He is Lord, Lord of All

-Verse 2-
When darkness seems to hide His face
I rest on His unchanging grace
In every high and stormy gale
My anchor holds within the veil

My anchor holds within the veil

-Verse 3-
Then He shall come with trumpets sound
Oh, may I then in Him be found
Dressed in His righteousness alone
faultless, stand before the throne 

As excited as I am to hold my munchkin in my arms, this time of him being inside of me, fully dependent and always right there with me, has been such a blessing. I have loved being able to pray over this child and dream about all the wonderful things he will do in his life - the sports he'll play, the friends he'll make, eventually the college he'll go to and the woman he'll marry. 
My prayer remains that he will never know a time that he didn't know and love Jesus; that he will grow up with a burning passion to take the Gospel to all nations and peoples; that his hope will be built on nothing less than Jesus Christ, the Cornerstone.

No comments:

Post a Comment