6.05.2012

Thankful for Tuesdays

I've decided to start a weekly themed blog. I've noticed that of my friends who blog the most consistently, most have at least one theme blog a week. Hopefully this will encourage me to blog more often.

For my weekly blog, I've decided to blog about all the things I'm thankful for. It will be called Thankful for Tuesdays. 

This week, I want blog about the things I didn't think to be thankful for before getting pregnant.
TMI ALERT: Some things might not be appropriate for the Male population. Read on at your own risk.

Here we go, in no particular order:

  1. The ability to shave my legs comfortably. 
  2. The ability to maintain my own toe nails (i.e. painting, trimming nails, etc). 
  3. Having a small waistline - better yet, having a waistline in general. 
  4. Not getting winded after walking up a set of stairs. 
  5. Not having joint pains, especially in my feet and knees.
  6. Sleeping with only the pillow(s) under my head.
  7. Sleeping on my stomach.
  8. Sleeping through the night.
  9. TMI alert: Not feeling the need to celebrate a legitimate waste disposal session.
  10. Carrying laundry to and from the laundry room (shoot carrying anything over a few lbs).
  11. Doing housework without taking a break every 5-10 minutes. 
  12. Going longer than 30 minutes without taking a potty break.
  13. Having a consistent body shape and size.
  14. Having the hunger of a normal person (i.e. only needing to eat 3 meals a day with maybe a snack or two)
  15. Wearing heels and not losing feeling in my feet immediately.
  16. Eating sushi, sandwich meat, rare steak etc. without worries for what might, possibly happen to my baby. 
  17. TMI alert: Normal intimate time (oh, c'mon, how'd you think this kid came about?) 
  18. Not sweating like a man every time I step foot outside.
  19. Sitting like a lady... really just general ladylike-ness. 
  20. Feeling normal.
Please understand, I LOVE my son so much already. Being pregnant is certainly not terrible, however, there are certain things you never think to be thankful for until they no longer exist. I truly am loving the experience of being pregnant, feeling my child kick and flip and grow inside of me. It is by far the most amazing thing I've been a part of. I also am beyond excited to meet him, to hold him in my arms and rock him; but all that is for another post, another week. 

I hope you enjoyed. Come back next week for another Thankful for Tuesdays. Thanks for reading! Goodnight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment