6.26.2011

A Wedding Weekend

Two weeks ago, Rob and I made a journey to Tuscaloosa, AL to witness two sweet college friends tie the knot. I have a special place in my heart for the bride and for her groom.

My sophomore year of college, I led my first freshman Bible study at Calvary in Tuscaloosa. Sweet Anna-Kate was a member of that Bible study group and a very special one at that. This girl has the sweetest spirit I have ever seen.

I will never forget this one night after church a year later when she came up to me a thanked me for being there for her during her freshman year. How sweet is that she would think to let me know what I meant to her a year later. I greatly appreciated that and will never forget it.

Here are some photos of when Anna-Kate and I first met.
Our whole freshman group, Anna-Kate is dead center, in the white
Fall Retreat, 2007
Forgive the horrible lighting

The groom is as equally sweet as the bride. I don't quite remember the first time I met Leslie, but I remember what a sweet and genuine person he has always been. To give you an example of his genuinely kind spirit, I found a letter today that he had mailed me after hearing me complain about all the junk mail I get. In the letter, after his disclaimer that it was simply a letter of encouragement from a brother to a sister, Leslie shared how encouraging my smile and happiness were to him and others. What a thoughtful letter. 

Anna-Kate and Leslie have a very happy life ahead of them. A life full of glorifying God and encouraging everyone they come in contact with. I am so proud to call you guys friends. Thank you for always being such genuine people. I can always count on you two to lift my spirits and make me smile. I look forward to seeing how God uses your sweet selves to further his kingdom.

The lovely Bride and me

My groom and me 

No comments:

Post a Comment