1.25.2011

Eyes Be Open, Christ is Revealed

My Bible study group is studying the Beth Moore study "To Live is Christ", which is a study on the life and ministry of Paul. So far, it is incredible and very fat with facts. I've only done day 1 1/2. But that's ok because the Lord spoke to me in those 1 1/2 chapters. 


During day 2, Beth explains that when Paul was just a toddler he had probably memorized Psalm 113-118. So, she asked us to read all of those passages and write what we thought would be useful in early Jewish childhood. I did as I was told, like a good little Christian girl, and God just showed up. So much so that it brought me to tears (not too much though because Rob probably would have laughed at me, ha!). 


Psalm 115:2-8 says: "Why do the nations say, 'Where is their God?' Our God is in heaven; he does whatever pleases him. But their idols are silver and gold, made by human hands. They have mouths, but cannot speak, eyes, but cannot see. They have ears, but cannot hear, noses, but cannot smell. They have hands, but cannot feel, feet, but cannot walk, nor can they utter a sound with their throats. Those who make them will be like them, and so will all who trust in them."


Now, I understand that we all have "idols" that we rely on and give worship too far more than we do our Heavenly Father, but that's not what I'm getting at. We, who profess Christ is Lord, have the gift of the Holy Spirit who is there to convict us of these idols. Sadly, though, there are people in our very country and most countries surrounding us who literally worship idols that they or a manufacturing company have made. They are the ones who came to mind when I read this. They are the ones dying in their sin with no Holy Spirit to convict their wrong thinking. However, the day is coming that they will hear and they will have the chance to have the Holy Spirit within them. 


And I'm not here to write some long piece of advice or any thought of my own really. So I'll shut up, let the Spirit speak to you however He wills and leave you with the bridge of an incredible, incredible song, which I have held so dearly to my heart since right before I left for Romania. It was my prayer that summer for the people of that country and it remains my prayer for the countries around us and for our very own nation. 


"Chains be broken. 
Lives be healed. 
Eyes be open, 
Christ is revealed!"

No comments:

Post a Comment