3.21.2011

DIY

Thanks to my sweet friend, Mary Straton, something inside me has ignited that wants to do it all myself. I've always wanted to do some DIY projects, I just needed someone to tell me that it can be done, and how.
Saturday afternoon Mary Straton and I had a girls day out. First we ate lunch at Bon Ami in Jackson. It was delicious. I had the chicken florentine panini, side of fruit, with their DELICIOUS berry tea. It was so tasty. We finished off the amazing lunch with a shared caramel brownie. HOLY. MOLEY!! My tastebuds have never been more happy with me. If you live in Jackson, you must go to Bon Ami and if you get nothing else, you HAVE to get the caramel brownie. So awesome.
Anyway, enough of gushing on this dessert. After lunch we went to Antique Mall and took a look around. While we were there I picked up two old frames and a hat hook. For the frames, MS suggested that I staple chicken wire to the back of them and clip pictures to them. For the hook, I was originally going to tied string on the hooks and hang from each string "C&R" or "C(heart)R".
I was going to hang the frames and the hook along side this painting my best friend painted us for our wedding gift. When I got home I realized that there wasn't enough room for the hook and the frames. So I decided to hang the frames there as planned and use the hook as a jewelry holder instead. As far as the frames, I'm going to pin pictures to one and some postcards on the other. I bought some super cute and colorful, handmade cards from a girl on etsy.com and I am SUPER pumped to get them in the mail soon.
Here is what I've gotten so far:
My jewelry hook

My jewelry hook in my jewelry nook

Can you tell which one I made first?

Our dining room is almost complete!

Once there are pictures and postcards up, I will post a picture of the finished product! I am just so excited  and feel so accomplished having done this by myself. My next big project, sewing a couch and chair cover!!! I have another sweet friend going to teach me how to do so. Otherwise, I would never even attempt. 
Stay tuned for updates!!


No comments:

Post a Comment